Having your own car is already an obsession nowadays. It not only gives an impression, but also is a part of convenience. Model of the car, as well as its maintenance and condition, tell a lot about your personality and how you manage your belongings. Keeping cars in good condition like being tuned up and as well as properly running is not optional. It is compulsory. Having someone to maintain your vehicle to be in good form for the sake of keeping it on the way and safe is a blessing.
When it comes to transmission fluid change just like mechanics or all others is not a dire need.
Since transmission is the heart of any vehicle, you always need to ensure its good condition. One way to ensure safety is through changing the transmission fluid. You can learn the necessary things even without help of professional mechanics.
How To Do Transmission Fluid Change By Yourself?
There are different ways of how to do transmission fluid change without the aid of any professional. The best one is through doing things yourself. Many maintenance or procedures can be done without the assistance of others. Getting a professional help are considered, but not at all times since only a few things need minor repairs and maintenance. Doing it yourself is a way of saving your own time and money.
Watch this video
There are different things to be considered when having a transmission fluid change. Hence, there are also various steps to be followed and to be followed through.
- Before checking the transmission fluid dipstick of the car to see if the fluid needs any change, starting the vehicle or car is the first thing to do to let its system warm up to the standard running temperature of the car.
- To know whether there is a need for change or not, try looking its color if it is bright red or if it is low or anything that makes it look unusual.
- After learning if it already needs replacement, the removal or draining of the fluid is the next step removing the pan from the car.
- A large container might be used in catching the liquid.
- When doing some changes in the transmission fluid, after the pan has been drained, there is also need to modify the filter.
- After the draining of the fluid and just before putting and bolting back the pan together back to its place, replace the old pan gasket with the new one.
- Use a torque wrench to bolt the pan back.
- After doing so, the transmission can now be replaced with the new fluid with the help of the user’s manual in putting the right amount and type of fluid needed by the vehicle.
- Turn the engine on to bring back the car to the standard running temperature and then shift the gears few times before returning the transmission to its “park” position.
- The last step would be the checking of the transmission oil level. The correct line on the dipstick would be the indication for the right replacement.
Big Rig Power Owntheroad.ca is your Transmission Repair Specialists in Edmonton. For a high quality transmission repair Edmonton,